The Advanced Court Security Certification is the second level in a three-part series program. This level certifies that you have advanced knowledge of course security functions and continues you within your career by providing you with necessary training.
For the Advanced Court Security Certification you must meet the following requirements.
- United States citizen at least 21 years of age or Citizen of a country in which the United States does not have sanctions
- No felony convictions
- No dishonorable discharge from the United States military (applicable to United States Veterans only)
- Neither a record of disciplinary action from any state, province or territory, or licensing or certification board within the past 10 years nor subject under any such investigation
- Current National Sheriffs’ Association membership
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a court security function. You must either be currently employed or have been honorably separated from the position.
- Complete 1 additional training course beyond what you have already completed for the Basic Court Security certificate within 12 months of formal application. Courses successfully completed within 12 months prior to the application submission date will be accepted.
- Minimum of 2 Years Court Security Experience
- Basic Court Security Certification
Select one of the courses listed below beyond what you have already completed for the Basic Court Security certificate.
- Columbia Southern University: Introduction to Court Security BCJ3450* (3 Hours)
- Columbia Southern University: Protecting Court Personnel BCJ 3451* (3Hours)
- Columbia Southern University: Physical Security BCJ 3452* (3 Hours)
- Columbia Southern University: Court Security Supervision BCJ 3453* (3 Hours)
- National Sheriffs’ Association Court Security Training (16 Hours)
* Available Online
Each individual course has a tuition cost that is due at the time of course registration. There is an additional one-time administrative cost of $345 to enroll in this certificate program. If you do not complete the certification process in the allotted time or are not approved for the certification, no refund will be given.