The Basic Court Security Certification is the first level in a three-part series program. This level certifies that you are a court security professional and launches your career by providing you with necessary training.
For the Basic Court Security Certification you must meet the following requirements.
- United States citizen at least 21 years of age or Citizen of a country in which the United States does not have sanctions
- No felony convictions
- No dishonorable discharge from the United States military (applicable to United States Veterans only)
- Neither a record of disciplinary action from any state, province or territory, or licensing or certification board within the past 10 years nor subject under any such investigation
- Current National Sheriffs’ Association membership
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in a court security function. You must either be currently employed or have been honorably separated from the position.
- Complete 1 training course within 12 months of formal application. Courses successfully completed within 12 months prior to the application submission date will be accepted.
- Minimum of 1 Year Court Security Experience
Select one of the courses listed below.
* Available Online
Each individual course has a tuition cost that is due at the time of course registration. There is an additional one-time administrative cost of $195 to enroll in this certificate program. If you do not complete the certification process in the allotted time or are not approved for the certification, no refund will be given.