The Basic Court Security Certification is the first level in a three-part series program. This level certifies that you are a court security professional and launches your career by providing you with necessary training.
For the Basic Court Security Certification you must meet the following requirements.
- United States citizen at least 21 years of age or Citizen of a country in which the United States does not have sanctions
- No felony convictions
- No dishonorable discharge from the United States military (applicable to United States Veterans only)
- Neither a record of disciplinary action from any state, province or territory, or licensing or certification board within the past 10 years nor subject under any such investigation
- Current National Sheriffs’ Association membership
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in a court security function. You must either be currently employed or have been honorably separated from the position.
- Complete 1 training course within 12 months of formal application. Courses successfully completed within 12 months prior to the application submission date will be accepted.
- Minimum of 1 Year Court Security Experience
Select one of the courses listed below.
* Available Online
There is an administrative cost of $195 to enroll in certificate program. If you do not complete the certification process in the allotted time or are not approved for the certification, no refund will be given.